Friday 22 November 2013

Album covers






Before designing my Digi-pack I had a look at some examples of album covers from the artists i have looked at for my research. I have found that a popular link between these selection of album covers is that they all are either fully in black and white or are black and white with one suggested colour. I like how this shows contrasts between good and bad almost as we see the lights and dark's against each other. This also gives the album covers a heavy atmosphere and shows the genre of the music clearly as black and white is also a popular code and convention for the music videos. They all also seem to have a grunge feel to them as they have dirty backgrounds or a rude approach as nudity is shown in some of the album covers. I also like how some of the models have presented themselves lustfully or represented their own strength by either looking confrontational or in the bat for lashes cover generally strong as we see a role reversal.

No comments:

Post a Comment