Friday 1 November 2013

Dissociative Identity Disorder


Okay so Dissociative Identity disorder (DID) is when you believe you have two separate personalities and you feel you can be two completely different people. Your other personality could be a different sex,race and can speak differently. I think it is appropriate to look up symptoms of this condition so i can look at how to present my character who could possibly have his mental issue as she is at war with herself and who she wants to be and why she wants to be someone so different.

The condition can be started by severe trauma during childhood. This could explain why my character is trapped in this stage of her life as she is still fragile and immature locked in her state of infancy as she clings on to the last of herself.

Symptoms are the following:

  • Depression - The fact that my character is cooped up in her little box room will show that she feels overwhelmed and cooped up and the fact that i will show bleeding scene will be linked to self harm and connote depression.
  • Mood swings-  I have done some scenes in my music video which show my character one minute laughing hysterically and the next is screaming. I think this will show her delicateness and how fragile she is as a woman.
  • Suicidal tendencies- Again the bleeding scenes in my video will link to self harm which is a popular way to commit suicide.
  • Sleep disorders (insomnianight terrors, and sleep walking)- I haven't shown this characteristic in my music video however she is called insommia because of the sleep disorder and this will make her name sound more personnel and girly as the name ends in 'Mia' which is a popular well recognized girls name.
  • Anxietypanic attacks, and phobias (flashbacks, reactions to stimuli or "triggers")
  • Alcohol and drug abuse
  • Compulsions and rituals- I show my character twitching throughout the film to show discomfort and will also connote to her instability as she does not have full control of herself and her well being.
  • Psychotic-like symptoms (including auditory and visual hallucinations)- Of course my video is all about her having another self and imagining or hallucinating her own world were she can escape and be somebody else for a while.
  • Eating disorders





No comments:

Post a Comment