Tuesday 10 September 2013

Panic At The Disco- This is Gospel

   I like how immediately from this clip we see that all the movements are abnormal because they've an unusual sharpness about them and seem really precise and accurate rather than being all relaxed. I also like how the lighting in the clip is coming from above looking down on him giving the impression of a surgical lamp. I think it helps create set the scene as we see there is no background setting just black. We also see props such as surgical masks gas masks and scalpels to help set the scene. The costumes of the surgeons is well thought out with overalls gloves and the masks and looks really authentic. His costume consists of just a t-shit and jeans so he can still appear normal and attractive to his viewers. However there is slight dirt smears on his shirt o suggest he may have been in a scuffle or an accident. I also like how the surgeon makes a heart shape with his hands to sow another surgeon where is heart is I think it looks very innocent and makes the thought of surgery seem almost playful and sweet. There is a small scene were he screams and struggles I slow motion I think this helps add drama and desperation to the scene as we take a moment to recognise  and his strength and how much he is desperately trying to run away. I also like a short scene within the clip were loads of surgeons hands over up his mouth ganging up against him I think this can represent the pressures of other people and how we try to keep our mouths shut to stay out of trouble. I think this small action can be seen as quit sinister and depressing in a way as he is being forced into containing himself.
                       Goodwins theory could be applied to this video clip slightly as we see links between the lyrics and visuals as he sings 'this is gospel for the fallen ones' and is being operated on as the surgeons try to kill him and further on in the video succeed.
     From this video I want to consider the body language shown throughout the short clip to maybe represent in my own video as I think the use of sharp quick precise movements helps create an abnormal atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment