Tuesday 10 September 2013

WoodKid- Iron

In this short clip from WoodKids video we see how the use of slow motion can help emphasise a scene and double the dramatic input. Because this scene is in slow motion we see each actors efforts and each muscle move and each step took and this makes the scene appear very powerful. I also like how the video is filmed in black and white as I believe it makes the scene more powerful as the complications of matching colours and outfits isn't needed. There is also no setting or background this allows the veiwers to focus only on the scene and begin to wonder what the motif of the gesture is.

  Although this clip was taken from the same music video we see a complete opposite being shown. The boy reading from the book has been sped up and I like how this looks abnormal as its too fast for us to figure out what he is saying and we obviously cant hear him because of the music in the background hover this short clip intrigues me and makes me wonder what he is reading and what he is trying to say a could be important.

      From these two clips I have recognised how editing the speed of a frame can create different effects to a frame and scene and I intend to remember this knowledge and consider these editing techniques for when I film my own video.

No comments:

Post a Comment